2016 Fall Baseball Program
We are introducing a new format for the fall of 2016. In addition to our existing extensive instructional program for players transitioning to the 60-90 format, we will be forming “select” teams comprised of the physically stronger and more skilled players. These teams will be participating in tournaments at least twice a month and training twice a week. There will be a modified fee structure for those players who make the select team(s).
As in past seasons, all training will be at the Gas Co field, home of Westchester Babe Ruth Baseball, which provides a training facility available to us every day of the week; something most travel teams do not have. Our target group is primarily 7th and 8th graders although 9th graders without high school fall baseball are welcome
Traditional Fall Baseball Regiment:
When: Begins Sunday 09/11/16 through Sunday 11/22/16
Where: Ivan Miller Field, 8141 Gulana Avenue, Playa del Rey, CA 90293
Workout Schedules: Sundays @ 11am, Tuesday/Thursday 5pm Games will be scheduled for Sunday’s after week 3
Each player will receive the exclusive Westchester Babe Ruth dri-fit shirt and a Westchester Babe Ruth adjustable-fit hat.
Player equipment required: Glove, baseball pants, protective cup, metal spikes (optional), water and a great attitude, we’ll provide the rest.
Walk-Up Registration: Ivan Miller Field – Saturday’s through September 10th from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. Sign and Swing sign ups available any Sunday beginning Sunday September 11th at 10:30am. Formal training begins on Sunday 09/11/2016 at 11:00am
Select Team Tryouts;
Saturday, August 13, and Saturday August 20, 12:00pm at Ivan Miller Field
Select Team Format/Information:
- 12-person roster
- $125.00 per month
- No initiation fee
- Minimal cost for jersey (Players at this age grow fast, no need for elaborate/exorbitantly priced garments)
- Cost of tournaments amortized across the players that participate. This is in addition to monthly fees
- 2 tournaments a month – Locations will be in So California unless travel is mutually agreed upon by the players’ families.
- Tuesday / Thursday training 5:00pm to 7:00pm, Sunday training at 11:00am when we’re not playing tournaments. All training will be conducted at our home site in Playa del Rey.
- Monthly written player assessment/progress reports
- Team will stay together until February when our Babe Ruth season begins. Team would resume after the conclusion of the 2017 season. There would be no “boundaries” constraint for this Select team.